What a wonderful article, very inspirational. Girl, you sure don't look like a grandmother. You look fantastic.

I know you are collecting information in your survey, but I thought I'd share that we recently went to see Linda Ronstadt. Livingston Taylor was on before her. Now I'm a big James Taylor fan, saw him about a year ago, but had never heard or seen Liv. Well, I gotta tell ya, we went with two other boomer couples and we loved Liv. We even bought CDs and had our photo taken with him on the spot.

IMO, he stole the show. There are several reasons we liked him. He is an awasome performer. He sucked the audience right in by talking to us on our level and about things we could relate to. His music was great and his lyrics were over the top. They were definitely boomer lyrics that kept our attention the whole time he performed. It was like he was telling us a story. www.livtaylor.com.

So I guess my thought for you is that you must grab the audience by being real, which it sounds like you are most capable of doing. Then I would definitely write lyrics that your audience can connect with. That's my two cents even though you didn't ask for it.