My new housemate paid his rent and a half and then offered to pay the extra that his high speed internet would cost. Just yesterday he volunteered to pay $100 more than I had originally asked. He's been studying online about Guenia pigs and how to care for them and is cooking dinner for me tonight. He probably weighs 130 lbs soaking wet. I could take him for sure if he tried anything.

It seems that in another life...he was quite well off then lost his job due to downsizing. Then he used up his 401K and his savings. This new job is a very good one and he seems happy just to be there in our household.

Maybe we can sort of help each other out. Meantime, the divorce is proceeding and I'm still seeing the 31 yr. old who is just as sweet and interesing as anyone could be.

The kids seem very happy thus, so am I. We have a routine and they have friends. I'm gradually fixing up the house mostly with sweat equity.

I'm proud of myself for coming up with the wherewithall to climb out of the dark pit I was in.