My son was released from the hospital and asked to come home for a few days on his way to yet another treatment centre. I checked it out and learned that it was set up.

Even though he has been to six treatment centres, he
convinced me that he had learned his lesson and that he is going to make it work this time. We have had a nice visit this week with basically no problems. He has stayed in the house the entire time and only goes out with me. I drove him to the necessary appointments to set up the treatment centre yet again. I drove him to get his medical tests done at the doctors, all the necessary things that need to be done before being accepted into treatment. Of course I took two days off of work to do this.

I was assured by the treatment centre that they would have a bed for him in approx. 1 week. This happened and I was pleased although concerned that he continues to relapse after every stay at a treatment centre.

All was fine until he got a phone call from his old friend, druggy friend that is. This guy and him have been friends since they were both 15. The only difference between them is that his friend is not an addict. He works, and has kept a job for years but is a big partier. They met at an alternative school and have gotten into alot of trouble over the years, in and out of youth jail. My son went on to go to adult jail more than a few times, his friend stopped at youth jail.

Anyway, my son told me this time around he would not contact him as he knows that he would relapse again if he sees him. He realized that it would not be a good thing as his friend does drugs and drinks a fair bit.

Well, he got a call from this friend and he has moved away (about 6 hours away) has a great job and rents a place with a bunch of guys.

He asked my son if he wanted to visit and sent him a return ticket. I could not believe that my son would even consider it and told him so but he said he was going anyway. He has a return ticket to the city that the treatment centre is in and plans to go there as planned on Tuesday.

The problem, if you have used drugs within five days of going to the treatment centre you will be turned away. They test your urine when you are checked in. You have to be clean for five days.

I am 100% positive that my son will have a weekend full of drugs and alcohol and will be turned away.

I explained that to him that if he is turned away he is basically homeless and asked him if his weekend away is worth it.

I can't believe that he is doing this. He has had do much support from the church, AA and me. So many people have gone out of their way to help him. We gave our all, and he has now chosen to go with his friend. I told him he is not a true friend or he would encourage him to stay clean and go to treatment, not invite him to come for the weekend and get high. He knows my son is an addict. The sad part is if my son does become homeless, his friend won't let him stay with him.

I've had it. I will not let him come home again to live, between treatment centres or not. I have had years of this.
No more, I'm done.
Kate