I have written about my addict son and all the trouble he has caused over the years for myself and my other two children. A while back he went to a treatment centre in another town and things were going good. That is until there was a flood warning and everyone had to go somewhere but could come back in a month. This meant my son stopping treatment but they sent him to a temporary recovery house. They usually go to a recovery house after many months of treatment. My son didn't last long at this and he was doing so well at the treatment centre. It's a shame. He got kicked out within two weeks for something, not drugs but he lies so I really don't know the reason. Anyway he got himself welfare and an apartment and a job and a girlfriend. She lived at another recovery house, they met at an NA meeting.

He has phoned off and on asking for money until he gets paid. He needed work boots etc. as he was working for a roofing company. He needed food for lunches. So I sent him money more than a few times trying to be supportive as he was trying. He got fired and I was not really surprised. I hoped for the best but he has never had a job for long. He probably slept in one too many times or didn't go in at all which is what usually happens.

Anyway, long story short he came back to my town unannounced and said he had nowhere to go, no money etc. etc. He brought along his girlfriend, she has no job or no money either. He told me that with her last welfare cheque she bought a $130 dollar hair straightener and make-up and it ticked him off. That really made me mad.

I was tipped off by my mother in-law that he was in town as he had called her because he can't call collect to my phone. I don't have that service luckily. So, he called me non stop at work today and I didn't answer the phone as I knew it was him. Both phones were going off at the same time constantly, my cell and work phone. Luckily I work alone in an office most of the time and today I was alone. I finally unplugged the phones. I called my ex as I knew if he couldn't get me he would call him until he could reach me. My ex said he was coming over but that he didn't like the idea and would put him up for one night but that was it. So, tonight I am saved but if my ex tells him to leave tomorrow, he will harass me non- stop as he has no place to go and now has his dead beat girlfriend with him. She also collects welfare but won't get another cheque for a while.

Last time my son called, a few days ago saying he needed money for food, I told him that I couldn't keep doing this. I'm a single parent supporting two kids and my rent is more than half a months pay. I don't have alot to spare. He begged me, said he was starving and told me if I gave him money one more time that he would never ask me again.
He was going to get a job that day that paid cash daily. Then a few days later, he's here, with her, no money, no food, no where to live, nothing. He is 22, she is about the same age.

I need some help to stay strong. He called me tonight and asked if I could meet up with him. I said that would be nice but did he want something? He said maybe and I reminded him that he told me he would never borrow money from me again. He said he never said that. I told him he did and that I am going to hold him to it. He didn't like that. Then said, "can you bring some chips and pop over, we are watching a movie" I said no. He said he had to go.

I know that this is not the end. He will call me tomorrow demanding that I help him. This is never going to end. He is a leech. I'm worried for my other kids as he knows that they have jobs and he may try to get money from them. He may do this for years.

Just some strength needed, support to stay strong. I don't want to help him, don't feel that I should help him at all.
They are both young, fit, able to work but continue to depend on me and others in the family to pay their way. Yes he has issues, maybe mental health issues and addictions etc. but I am going to lose my sanity very soon if he keeps going down this road. It seems like there is no end in sight. He gets help for a while and then is right back at it. Playing the victim, wanting to be saved. Thanks for listening. (reading)
Kate