Mountain Ash, Hello my friend!
Some tips for growing natural nails:
- take a vitamin, a big one, even a prenatal vitamin.(Pre-natal vitamin's are said to increase hair growth too.)
- eat jello! Yes, it's true, eat gelatin! It helps your nails!
- rub cream into cuticles to keep the nail from cracking. your nail is alive under the surface so improve it's condition by rubbing a good moisterizer under the cuticles every morning and night. There are some REALLY good ones. If you want a list of them, just ask. Watch the quality of shea butter that you use, it makes a difference, I big one!
- file nails evenly accross, not to a point and do not TOUCH the sides with an emory board.
- don't use tight gloves when doing housework to protect your nails, gloves can rip nails on the side.
- don't give up on nails, remember, they must be repaired from the place they grow, not from the ends.
- use the moisterizer, or any moisterizer after any water contact to nails. Keep a lotion near your kitchen sink and bathroom sinks. Use just lotion if you are in a hurry. Lubridrem is simply the best to use if you don't have shea or a special cream for your nails. I recommend investing in a special cream if you want natural nails. It just makes ALL the difference!
- Protein in the diet!
- File your nails, as I said, but file them every five days! Lotion them up and file in one direction if possible to keep them a managable length for you.
- Use a clear polish on them. There are good ones, right down to Sally Hanson! If you put a coat of clear polish on them to protect them every five days, they will grown.
- of course, don't bite them!
- If you take medication it can affect your nails, in that case, you MUST use a vitimen suppliment, and gelatin!
-be patient!

Hope this helps, dear Mountain Ash!
dancer

"Question your privilege"