Hey dancer, I agree with the tip of not using eyeliner on bottom eyelid when one ages ...and especially if one already has fine lines/wrinkles around eyes.

But geez, ....I haven't worn any eye makeup, not even mascara since I was 20 yrs. old. It's been 28 yrs. since I've worn the stuff. My eyes feel 'weighted'/tired with the stuff on. I just gave up. Partially not wearing eye makeup because am relying just natural black lashes ....to give me the natural dark emphasis. For many Asian women, not having a deep eyelid, just well..for some women like me, just don't bother.

I agree that many women and men could benefit from wearing some crisp, tailored shirts with a standup collar. It is disappointing how the quality of tailoring has gone downhill in the past decade..unless one pays more money. 'cause I used to sew tailored blouses (yes with French cuffs, with standup collars that were properly stiffened with interfacing material) and tailored, fully-lined jackets (with French pockets and buttonholes, etc.), so I am abit particular in quality and longevity about clothing that I buy at any price.

Turtlenecks with a flattering colour that don't sag nor pill over time, are always classic.

Pearls...I haven't seen women in my(our) age bracket wear round white pearls in past 10 years. At this time, I would not choose to wear them. It would date me. Instead I wear freshwater irregular-shaped small pearls...might be done in unusual design.

For longest while, I've been wearing primarily silver earrings. Right now, am not eager to wear gold..I don't have much in gold anyway but on me, gold might date me at this time. More creative, artsy designs exist in silver. At least in earrings which is the....only type of jewellery I wear. Which means real silver (since my earlobes are allergic to costume jewellery) is cheaper than real gold.

I don't wear rings at all, but I've tried, even when I was single to wear a ring or 2. Found it a hassle when working with paints, gels, etc. and concerned about forgetting to put ring(s) back on fingers. I gave up wearing necklaces/chains for past 10 years except maybe once or twice annually for special occasions. I gave up wearing nailpolish 20 years ago. For unknown reasons, when I wore nail polish, my fingers felt colder. Now focus just on keeping my nails always clean and neatly shaped.

It seems like fashion has gotten..simpler and simpler for me as I age.

The more I cared about/spent more time on exercise and health, the less ..ironically, I cared about wearing the latest fashion. Which is strange, because usually when a person is in better physical shape/fitness, they want to buy/wear a snappy new wardrobe, better makeup, etc.

One of my sist4ers who lost 50 lbs., earns a sizable income as a doctor, did not run out and spend a pile of money on a gorgeous wardrobe after discarding her "fat" clothing. She just found it great to buy occasional nice but competitively priced clothing pieces at a smaller size ...and look better because she was more fit. She felt "freer" to choose from a wider range of styles and colours given a slimmer body shape. She was spending her wardrobe dollars like a recent new university graduate, not as a salaried professional with a good income and working for past 10 years.

Oh well, she paid off her house mortgage...