Oh, Chatty, I want comfort too! to be cont.. I'll get timed out.
When you have Chronic Pain, you can get pain that makes your skin feel like little needles are sticking you. THAT makes me seek out whatever is soft and FAST.
For those times, I have some rules.
It has to be cashmere or fake cashmere if you can't afford it, and GOOD fake cashmere.
It has to have elastic waist if it's pants or a skirt, NO belts for me, NO waist bands, none of that hurting stuff.
It has to be something I can sleep it, so, I find myself buying those pants and tops that are made to wear mix and match in colors that I like and wearing them. It depends on your price point in finding them but many women find them at "Chico's." I like "C.P. Shades," but that is hard to find and a bit expensive.
Most of these clothes have a relaxing elastic waist band, your choice of a T shirt, or a shirt, shirt with collar, OR a sweater of the samem color. If you want a dress, they make dresses of the same soft cotton that match the sweaters and the pants so you can even wear the pants under the dress! When I hurt like that, I layer those cotton peices until I feel warm enough or cool enough to feel really good and I make sure the shirt or T, ( I really don't wear T's but if I did...) comes down long enough to let me forget about it coming up and showing the top of my pants or skirt! I want to forget about what I'm wearing and still look sheik! So, I choose, most of the time, matching colors and wear one color. Some women find those pieces and wear a patterned shirt make to match the pants or skirt and mix it up like that.
If the fabric is nice, and the color is nice, you will look very sophisticated and you don't have to try because these types of clothes go in your dryer and come out ready to wear.

That's what I'd do Chatty. I heard you say comfort, I really did!
dancer, Chronic Pain patient

"Question your privilege"