Orchid -- gray, khaki, dark beiges and navy all give a hideous pallor to my light olive (read: green) skin. Then, I look stunning in fluorescent orange, and not many people can say that! I do have one pair each of gray and camel-color pants, but would never wear those colors next to my face.

Currently I'm about 25/75% salt/pepper. The salt part is more silver-white than gray, so it really doesn't change my clothing palette.

As a visual artist who works with color all the time, I literally cringe when I see people wearing colors that I call "kiss of death." Mine are listed above. For most blondes it's black and yellow, and for red-heads, pink and red. Brown-skinned people should not wear navy or gray. Then, of course, are all the variables within skin tones.

Articles (like the one above) which state that everyone -- regardless of skin tone, hair color or ethnicity -- should wear the same colors... actually, I have no idea what the author was thinking of, or if she was thinking at all.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I really hate that "EVERYONE should wear" attitude.

We are not "everyone." We are individuals, and one size -- or fashion proclamation -- does not fit all.

Poet and essayist