Dear FoundHerVoice,
Congrats to you for making it through the first year. Although I was divorced 12 years ago, I remember clearly what it was like to bring my children through as well as myself. That first year is all about making new traditions and leaving behind what you were accustomed to...the good and the bad. Your attitude is so positive, which I believe is important as you experience everything from a new perspective. But it can be exciting and happy. It just depends on how you choose to live it. My ex has run me through the mill over the last 12 years, and now that my children are close to adult age, and I cannot shield them the way I used to, he tries to play his crap with them and that totally sucks! Sorry ladies, but that is the strongest yet cleanest word I can use to describe it. However, they are finding their way with my love and support. Keep doing what you are doing. You have so much to look forward to! By the way....enjoy that dancing. My hobby is ballroom dancing and I love it! I met so many wonderful people. It is a great way to be social without the worry of being "hit on" when you don't want it! Enjoy!