Dotsie, you know, I think it has a lot to do with 'programming'. I mean, there we are, live-in parents, for years and years, main objective-raising our children to the best of our abilities. Family group first, at all times. Then, suddenly, they are no longer a permanent presence in our homes. We adjust, some more slowly than others, but, we do adjust. Just when we have 'shifted gears', so to speak, we may find one or more of our children back in our home, temporarily. Result-We automatically shift back into the well-remembered progamming. Often, this is quite pleasing-it feels natural, comfy, right. We may beat-up on ourselves a bit, if we do feel these emotions, after all, we have been striving to carve out for ourselves the next phase of our lives, during the childrens' absence.

We will eventually succeed. Of course, our children are our children, we will be there for them, when necessity arises. But, the day will come, when the old program seems to have undergone an update...It will be less of a strain on our newly re-defined lives.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer