I got to retire early because of continued harrassment where I worked...my case went all the way to the pentagon and through the help of my state senator I was rewarded a retirement...believe me, I had the retirement years, but not the age...but circumstances made it available to me so I took it.
It's been wonderful. No stress, no putting up with the BS I had to put up with working for the government. I went from taking many medications to just one for my cholesterol...my doctor is so pleased. Aside from the normal menopause sleepless nights, I feel great! My husband will work another 4 1/2 years before he can retire so I'm a full time housewife and I absolutely love it. I'm free to pursue any of numerous hobbies, hang out with my friends and out-laws and family. I often don't even know what day it is because I don't have to know...now that's retirement!!