Oh yes, gimster. I feel like this quite often. My story is long and boring but I will simplify by saying that my husband is gone most of the week, we lost a beautiful home, friends, a great job, and my best friend turned her back on me....all within 7 years time.

Today we live in a small condo and are still getting rid of our "stuff".

When I look around and see our lives sorta "reduced", I usually take a deep breath and think to myself, "what is it that you want me to do, Lord"?

The funny thing is that when you really get back to basics, you begin to look around you and really SEE things you never noticed before....how very blue the sky is, the shape of tulips, the color of a blue spruce, and the patterns snow makes when it settles into a leaf-less bush.

Before I begin my day (which is very early in the morning), I usually ask the Lord to use me in some way that day, be it very small or very big. If I can be an encourager to someone or tell someone that I will pray for them, then perhaps, good has come out of my day.

Life is so multifaceted and changes many times. For me, this is a very quiet time.