I'm having a hard time here. DSD has decided to go back to work..three full days a week. Baby Grace is only 16 months old. I cannot understand why/how a mother can place their innocent young baby in the hands of a complete stranger to raise. Caregivers never do what Mom can do.

I'm so disappointed, but KNOWing that DSD is not mine, I really have no say-so. Her Dad agrees totally. And they are having another. He cannot understand why if they just hand them off.

These are VERY intelligent people. He has a masters and she a bachelors and work for a very affluent missile corporation. Lovely people and I would not trade them for any other step kids...but I am so disappointed.

I recall the statement of a woman speaker at a conference:

Asking for a raise of hands, she said, "how many out there would honestly say you wish you were raised by a Nanny or caregiver?" Prompting them to be honest, yet no one raised their hand.

Then, she said, why would you do that to your own children?

Someone help me get over this disappointment. I know today's world is "different", but why cannot intelligent people SEE that the child is hurt in the long run? Was the child asked how SHE feels about Mom leaving her with complete strangers??

I'm so upset!!!

Edited by Di (06/17/07 05:26 PM)