I know that basic printers are pretty much the same -- not multi fax/copy machines, or high quality photo printers -- just plain old printers for text docs.

So here's my problem:
I HATE DELL!!!
Specifically, their crappy free-with-computer printer that, every time I change the ink cartridge, acts like there is no ink cartridge, and gums up my whole computer so I have to reboot. And then it still doesn't recognize that there's a cartridge in there, and gums up again.

I HATE DELL!!!
This is the 2nd time this has happened. Last time I was in tech chat for an hour, and was finally led to a page to download something, and it worked. A freaking hour to get my Dell printer to recognize its stupid overpriced Dell ink cartridge.

And it happened again today. Only this time, I was in tech help for an hour, and nothing was solved. Nada zilcho zip. So I downloaded the driver updates, and still nuttin'.

I should not have to go through this crap every time I change ink. My time is too valuable. And I still can't print anything because my computer can't find the cartridge. Trust me, putting it in is pretty fool-proof.

So now I'm thinking -- how many more hours can I throw out of my life, just to put in a stupid ink cartridge? As in -- maybe I should buy another printer? Might be easier than this garbage.

So my question to you is -- who has had GOOD luck with their printer company? No unfixable software glitches. No hours on tech chat.

All I want is a simple no-frills printer, with no headaches.

Poet and essayist