Our city was battered by a very severe storm last night, causing untold damage, extensive flooding, and loss of life. A coal frieghter (225 metres long) has been washed up on our main beach and is in danger of breaking up and causing an environmental disaster if its fuel deisel & oils eacape into the sea.

The city, and our region, have been declared a 'State of Emergency.'

Our electricity has just been restored but I don't know for how long. We have just learned that another storm front is due to hit us again tonight in a matter of a few hours. Our suburb already looks like a war zone... trees down everywhere, cars abandoned - many crashed into shop windows and launched onto footpaths from the force of flood waters, emergency vehicles stranded, bridges washed away, debris in the streets, people wandering aimlessly in shock, etc. People say its the same all over the city.

It was very scary last night and although we sustained only relatively minor damage compared with the majority of people, I am unsure what tonight will bring. Family have gathered here, as we are on high ground.

Could I have your prayers please for our safety, for those who have lost loved ones, for the families of those who are missing, and for those just trying to make it through the night the best way they can in their flooded homes.

Thank you so much.
(I will let you know how things look tomorrow if we have electricity & internet)
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com