Hi! I have my first gig coming in July since I had 4 surgeries and 2 were life threatening conditions. I sing back up for Grammy winning musicians and have done so for years.
I return to the stage in July after a 2 year absence and one lawsuit regarding my treatment! I am nervous! I have never been nervous in my life since I started performing as a child of 5! THIS time I am nervous and feel different! I feel puzzled and differently about my life's work! I feel strange as if I'm not sure who I am.
Has anyone faced a life threatening condition and returned to work afterwards?
How did you feel?
I will do this show regardless of my nerves and I'm sure they will be better by the time the gig comes around. I'm just different and it puzzles me as I said.
I hope this makes sense. I will submit it for perhaps, ideas as to what is going on with me from you who all seem so together and as a whole, strong!
dancer9
P.S. I searched out a forum for the first time because of the illness and needing support. I find this forum the best and I think it is indeed, tremendous in the members and how they support one another.

"Question your privilege"