My stbex, seems to want to get old. He wanted me to sit on the couch and watch mind candy on TV, or worse football, game after game, and take two naps a day and play bingo on Tues. nites and go to the same bar every other night, and hang out at the Elk's Lodge and go to visit "older" friends...etc.
He aged me 10 years at least!! Now, by the grace of God, I've assessed the damage and am now in the reclaimation mode. I've stopped drinking, am eating right, am drinking lots of water to rehydrate my skin, am taking e,b12, c and zinc, breathing, getting plenty of aerobics and stretches and muscle building, I've gone for an eval on my smile and its going to cost boocoo bucks.
But, its time to start thinking about myself for a change. Its way past time. And if there ever is someone else out there, someone unique to me..then at least I won't have to hide under layers of clothing and pounds of makeup.
I get what Hannelore is saying, I hope at least I'm getting it right...Older thinking people can drag you down, discourage you from being all you can be or were meant to be. Many times they don't mean to. They don't have a master plan to bring you down, it just happens.
You can make a decision to stay in that situation with them and let them rain on your parade and criticize you for not acting your age, or silently relay that message OR just live and enjoy what time you may have on this earth. Laugh often and much with those who are laughing and let those who choose to B & M (b*&^% & M*%$) continue to do so until their dying day.