Forced into aging.

My Mom is terribly hard of hearing, so when I converse with her I got to strain my vocal chords. Hubby doesn’t hear or doesn’t want to. It’s seldom that I don’t have to repeat what I say at least 2 to 4 times. My brother was here, and is beginning to lose his hearing…He also has the typical male sickness;…hears only when he wants to. Everyone around me is forgetting things, losing items, talking about getting old and dying.

Yikes! I’m not ready for this. I still want to party! When I’m with people who still think young and are young it’s like a breeze of fresh air. We visited the October fest, and sat at a table with a group of young men in there twenties. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time. Of course the beer helped us get silly and forget our age differences. At the same table, my brother and hubby sat silently, not getting the gist of what was going on because it was so loud in the tent, and it was too much of a strain on them. We drove home in a silent car…everyone else beat…but I was still in the partying mood.
What a damper.

So that’s why I believe big age differences are fine when you are both young, but later in life, the younger one suffers, and the older one feels guilty about it. Not good.