She told me this happened after they came back to her home after leaving the club. I think she was terrified and shocked. She also has a son who wasn't home at the time, but she was afraid to call the police for fear DCF would step in as they always do....
We've talked a lot about issues surrounding single parents and the answers sometimes seem so simple, "Just call the police." "Just get a restraining order" "Just go get help" "Just don't date people like that" but as we all know, life isn't that simple. She smokes pot recreationally and she was afraid the police would find out and the guy stopped his behaviour and ate and then was tired and "sweet". Whatever...
I just want to know WHY would someone be that way? I've posed that question to some of my younger hip friends who are street smart and they said "sex is violence" according to Freud. That sex and violence have the same intensity of feeling and sometimes people get the two things mixed up or are turned on by the rush of violence...I don't know but its too weird for me.
She's a nice person and my closest friend. I hate to see anyone hurt her. She doesn't deserve that.