Immaturity and "neediness" isn't connected to age. I have known both young men and older men to possess those qualities (and young and old who haven't).

I do not want to "take care of" anybody (not in that way, I think you all know what I mean with that statement). And I don't want anybody depending on me for their happiness. A partnership is not one sided, each person contributes. I suppose that's why I've remained single, life is great not having to deal with that (I was married for 18 years to a man who didn't know how to turn on the washing machine and who pouted when he didn't get his way). Geez.

I guess we all need to be careful no matter what our age. Lonely men and women are more likely to let themselves be taken advantage of (like the women mentioned in Laurel's post above, losing everything to their "boy toys." How sad. And I know that happens every day, to men and to women. I'm sure we can all cite several examples that we have personal knowledge of).

I did mention this situation to my brother and his reply amazed me (but then he's always surprising me these days). He said "who cares as long as you're happy, life is short."

Then I asked how he'd feel if one of his sons dated a woman that much older and he said "why would it matter if they were happy?"

I know there are definite thoughts and opinions on both sides of this issue. This has been interesting reading!

Thanks again gals!

Whirlwind