Dear friend....you are not only "doing this to yourself" but you're "doing this to him" as well, it sounds like. The kiss to him meant instant connection and because he is so immature in love dealings, he interpreted it to "fit" his need(s). Its hard for someone that is NEEDY to let go of a good feeling like that. Someone who needs to feel loved. They take the kiss and their mind says "move to the next level."

Could it be that you're using him to fulfill your own emotional needs because he is emotionally immature, easily manipulated, and because you know you can?

It sounds as if he is fragile and of course, inexperienced in love AND young. You have stated WHAT you wanted but didn't find it, so could it be that you're trying to make him into what you want? You can't change people to fit a mold and I think you are doing him more harm than good by leading him on. (Did I say that? eeek!)

I'm sorry if this offends you, but what I read here is an older, more experienced in love, kind of woman, who is looking for someone to match her own idea of a perfect mate, leading a young man who is seeking permanent approval and a permanent love, down a dead end street.

If you don't want to see him, date him, or have a relationship with him, then don't, but whatever you do, don't keep him dangling until something better comes along.

Oh gosh...I hope that wasn't harsh because I don't mean it that way, and I can only respond to what I read. Remember, I'm on the outside looking in.