I'm sure that does happen sometimes, Orchid, and I feel sorry for those unfortunate people who fall into that category. In my case, however, the people were definitely legitimate and within my area...I was able to verify nearly all of them.

I know what you mean about being awkward as a teen. So was I right before I blossomed and was in the Miss Illinois contest. Then things began to change. I was a tomboy and an intellectual dreamer. Had big plans to change the world.

Some of the guys I met, I still keep in contact with and we have an ongoing "frendship" but the one I want most is the one I'm having to be most careful with. He is very special and I hope to have him in my life for a very long time if I'm blessed enough.

I'm unique in that my IQ is exceptional and I still have the same emotions and reactions and whatever else it is of a very young woman. I honestly perceive women my own age that I work with as "older women" and treat them with the respect due to someone of their state in life, but I don't in anyway feel in the same group or relate to them.

I am in many ways an inigma and feel very alien. Thanks for responding to my post however. Hope you have a great day and get out there and peddle for me...I'm stuck at my desk all day.