Oh please don't make a fool of yourself like I did.
A younger man paid a lot of attention to me after I left my husband. He always complimented me, seemed like he was flirting with me too.

After a while I started to fantasize about him. I wondered if he really was interested in me? It sure seemed like he was. This went on for months and I finally got up the nerve to ask him if he wanted to meet for coffee. I do remember thinking if he was really interested he would ask me but justified it by thinking maybe he was shy. I even talked it over with some friends and they said, why don't you ask him out, at least you will know. He did say ok and we arranged a time to meet.

He called me an hour before we were to meet up and left a message at my home number, he knew I was at work. He said the coffee shop we had arranged to meet at was closed for renovations and that we would have to meet up another time, said he had made other arrangements now.

I guess my intuition told me to call the coffee place and sure enough they were not closed, nope, no renovations either. I still cannot figure out why he acted so interested in me but it was clear that he did not want it to go anywhere. He was about 28 or 29 years old, I was 41. Maybe I reminded him of someone, maybe even his mother :-(

Anyway, I felt so stupid. Even after that incident he still treated me the same way. I just couldn't figure it out but decided it was best to avoid him. I guess I'll never know.

I remember when I was younger (maybe 19 or 20) I met this older man on a train. We had a wonderful conversation for 3 hours. He seemed so sweet, grandfatherly like. He gave me his address when we parted and said he'd love to hear from me. He was interested in knowing more about how my life was going to turn out. I had shared with him that I was just starting college. I never did contact him although I felt that he was genuinley interested. Oh he was, but not in the way I thought.

He must have looked up my last name in the phone book and found my parents address. I think he had asked my name and questioned me about the unusual spelling of it. He actually came to my parents home 3 hours away from his home to see me. Just dropped by. My Mom called me at a friends house and I told her to tell him she could not reach me. Much later he started sending love letters to my parents house. Man did he get his wires crossed. Just goes to show, it works both ways. Don't ever assume anything. "It makes an ass out of you and me as the saying goes"
Kate