I thought I was doing OK with this until last night--literally. I've had a few moments here and there where I didn't handle things well. But yesterday was Mother's Day and I spent it alone. Granted by the time I got off work, my son had already started work, but I knew when he would be getting off and was for sure he'd come home and we'd spend a few minutes together (10:30ish) before I'd have to get to bed. I had stopped at his work and even asked if he was coming home right after work so we could spend some Mother's Day time together and he'd said yes.

By 11pm I'd gotten a call that he was stopping at a friend's house on the way home and not to wait up. Around midnight he came home with the girlfriend in tow....I was devastated.

How needy am I??? I waited all evening for the oportunity to spend 5 minutes with my son before I had to go to bed. I didn't even open the card he had left on the kitchen counter for me--I waited so I could open it when he was there. How pathetic am I!

I am going to have to intensify my efforts to stay busy and carve out some time for something fun to do and ways to make new friends--otherwise I am going to become this clingy-needy-sit-in-a-chair-all-day-old-lady just waiting for her son or grandchildren to come by and make her day! I do NOT want to be that person!!!!

I understand, just had a bad day of that myself. Hang in there!!!!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777