Has anyone encountered a young girl who's speech you cannot understand? This has been an issue with me for awhile now. We have a beautiful young lady (in her early 20's) that does the traffic report on a local tv station. She has this high pitched, sing-song voice that is impossible to understand. There are days that I pray for anyone depending on her report - because, it is unintelligible. It's such a shame. She's just got all the exterior stuff going for her - but once she opens her mouth - yikes. We also had a waitress the other night - same thing. After she rattled off the 'nightly specials' and walked away - DH just looked at me and asked "What did she say?

While living in the south a few years back I was amazed that there were classes for young boys and girls that teach the finer social graces. You could really tell which kids had had the training and which had not.

I know our schools today could not be expected to teach this, but it would be nice to see something extracurricular - for those who are planning a career in the public eye.

Edited by browser57 (05/08/07 04:29 PM)