Newleaf, it sounds to me, by your writing about your parents, that you grew up in a family where your mom was submissive to your dad and your dad blamed everything on everyone but himself and maybe that's where you learned to tolerate men like your dad and your husband. I'm not a doctor but that's what jumps out at me. We are what we eat, so to speak, and we are what we grew up in unless we make a stab at changing ourselves in spite of it. It sounds to me like you married your dad (been there done that). The only way I can see it's "your fault" (as your parents are putting it) is that you were taught by them how to be manipulated and controlled. Okay...this may be all wrong but I just wonder why in the world your dad would attack you after knowing what you've been through unless he thinks the same way, which obviously he does. Anyway, the sooner you get out of the relationship the better and I wouldn't let your parents berate you for that decision and try to control what you do next (by saying never marry again, etc). Good grief...you're not out of one before they're trying to tell you what you should do in the future. Sounds to me you need to gently tell your dad that if he can't be supportive of you he needs to MYOB. If I'm way off base here I do apologize. Hang in there and keep us posted on how things are moving along for you. HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!