Ladies,

I have a question for you. I ordered an item back in January and have never received it. I paid for the item immediately, up front and with Paypal so it was instant. Sad to say, it was a boomer woman I ordered from. Now I read the site wrong...notice I said that I READ THE SITE WRONG and thought I was ordering a finished product. It was NOT a finished product but is advertised as a KIT. Okay, I can live with that. Right? My bad.

I have sent emails since January asking about the status and have been told this, that, and the other. I was even made to believe that one of the reasons I hadn't received it was this person wanted to make the item "bigger" for me and was buying extra material to do so. I said, please don't. Just send the item. I read the site wrong and so now I know. Just send whatever I purchased.

But she insisted. To her credit, she did not want an unhappy customer and wanted to MAKE THE KIT for me. I thought that was nice and at the time thought it would mean adding on a few more weeks. No problem.

Here it is APRIL. Still no product. I have requested a full refund and feel like I have been lied to, duped, and hornswaggeled. (Is that a word?)

If you were me, would you carry it further and report this person to the BBB in her state?

Personally, I think I have been rather patient. I'm sure she doesn't see it that way. I really don't give a rip. She has my money, I don't have a product.