JJ, yes I do offer a newsletter and I agree it's a great way of keeping in touch. Thanks.

Hannelore, I will concentrate more on linking to other relevant websites, and also look into more hard copy (newspaper) ads etc as finance allows. I like your strategy of creating curiosity with your readers and directing them to your website for more information. Great stuff, thank you.

Casey, thanks also for your tips. I will take a look at hittail.com
I understand what you are saying about how people use search engines. My website: www.babyboomerexpress.com is a purpose built website where I have done as you have suggested using keywords that customers use in the search engines (70% use google). The keywords I use not only relate to the products, but also have a high search volume (through google) but little competition in regard to the number of websites offering the product. Therefore I should be receiving about 5,000 visitors/mth. This isn't happening, so my mentor & I assume that babyboomerexpress has been placed in the google sandbox. Apparently a lot of new websites end up there for anywhere up to 12 mths. Google says the sandbox doesn't exist.

I will put in place everyones suggestions, thank you all very much. I'll also let you know if I experience a sudden and dramatic jump in visitor numbers - it might indicate that I've been released from the dreaded sandbox!
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com