Mitzkity,

Wow - I could have written this in reverse For 22 years, I have dealth with in-laws that wanted to be a part of everything, and proceeded to "push it" on us. I never felt like an adult because they always told us what we SHOULD be doing. It wreaked havoc on our marriage, because my husband was very tied to them.

I have felt like a terrible Christian and daughter-in-law and sister-in-law and wife. But I am also a very private person, who just wanted to enjoy her kids.

It all came to a head a couple years ago. My husband finally saw what was happening, and our marriage has been better since. We have sat down with them and tried to explain the way we have felt, but they don't seem to hear.

I think if we had done that in the very beginning, maybe some of this could have been avoided. So, I do encourage you to be honest and open with your daughter, and tell her how you feel.

I have come to the conclusion we are who we are, and at times, will have to do things we would rather not. But it shouldn't be to the point where it affects our personality and view of life.

I hope you can get it all worked out. You are not a terrible person. We're all different.
http://www.christianhomebusinessconnection.com