You know, I'm glad you asked that question. I was sitting at home and saw a group of boys push my 7 yr. old grandson off his bicycle and then started punching him, hard!

I freaked out. I saw red and was about to jump through the screen and tear off in that direction to throw punches and take names later. I knew the adrenaline rush, the purely feral instinct to protect and defend someone I love dearly!

His dad stopped me before I made a new exit through the wall of my house on the way out and said, "Let him handle it!" He was actually angry with me for wanting to defend him.

The other boys were older and much bigger. I finally convinced the dad to go to him and bring him home. When the little guy got home his dad immediately began showing him how and where to most effectively issue blows to the older bigger boys.

When I objected he said, "When will it end then?" "If the other boys learn they can pick on Dublin, then they will continue to." I don't want my grandson to get hurt, but I don't want him to be a woos either.

I would fight someone if pushed into it it defend myself or someone who couldn't or wouldn't defend themselves. I've seen too many people working their mouths trying to negotiate when a fist lands in it and they're unable to speak.

I know what you mean though, most women shy away from conflict. I don't know why. If intelligence and cunning and negotiation fails, I've got "moves" to get me by and I'd like to think I'm very feminine.