Hi all,

I've been away taking care of family business (DIL) and thought I'd update you on her situation by combining a couple of my threads.
It has NOT been easy. She has been quite ill. She has had two severe left side "failure" episodes, and a bout of temporary BLINDNESS. We were scared to death, but all the symptoms are fairly well resolved for the moment. It seems that even during relatively symptom-free times, she continues with left side weakness/numbness.
For whatever reason, the neurologist will not/cannot define the condition as MS, yet. He does say it is not stress,lyme disease, or a stroke and that there is little else it can be except MS, but he won't say "Yes, it is MS." (Results from the spinal are due October 20th--WHY DOES EVERYTHING TAKE SO LONG???)
I want to thank everyone for joining in these threads and for the PM's. You all are a great source of comfort while we wait this out. I am so anxious for her to get an official diagnosis, even if it is a difficult one, because at least then, we can get started on a plan of action and treatment.
I had a long talk with my son, and he says if it is MS and she continues to have this level of difficulty, they have already decided that they will move closer to us. He is working on a two year project in his current location, but the vast majority of his employment field is in my state, so it could actually make sense economically as well as medically and family/support-wise. So, I guess that can be a silver lining to this miserable cloud, plus it'll bring two more of my grandkids closer to me.
I guess that's it for now. I don't know how people could go through this alone. It is just too devastating. Again, thanks for all the kind words and prayers and advice. You all are truly a blessing.