Ohhhhhhh.....NZ...that's on my list as is Oz. Dave and I travel a lot; we're at a point in our lives where we've either got to travel now or it will be too late in a, few, short years. So we spend almost every dime we've got on getting our passports stamped.

As a child, my parent's and two siblings and I traveled all over the USA. Every year Daddy and Mother would pile us in the camper and we'd visit different states. I've been to all fifty states and each has something wonderful to recommend it.

Last year Dave and I traveled to Romania, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia which was very exciting, especially the border crossings and getting my treasures across. I suppose the part about losing our luggage for two weeks and traveling in the same clothes lent a certain "air" to the trip as well. I can now pack for a week in a carry on backpack and large purse -ha ha.

NCL has an affordable cruise out of Charleston, SC and if you can go on a week's notice, it's cheaper than a week at the beach. We took that cruise and went to Grand Cayman, Mexico and Key West. Every year a girlfriend and I celebrate our b'day by taking a trip to the Carib; last year it was Aruba and next month we're going to St. Martin. She has a time share and that makes it very affordable. Dave and I also went to northern CA and OR and had a great time salmon fishing and just enjoying each other's company.

Dave and I went to Morocco and London earlier this month; we visited Marrakesh and camped in the Sahara. It was a great trip but "soft adventure" and, frankly, I've decided I like western plumbing a LOT! <g>

We're headed to Armenia and Georgia in June. The Armenia/Georgia trip is with the same person who hired me to teach in Russia in '04 so this should be a fabulous trip. He knows a lot of people, has a lot of contacts and we'll see the country like folks who live there and not tourists.

I'm helping with a trip to the Ukraine and Romania this August which centers on crafts and the textile industry. It's still possible to buy geniune antiques for just about nothing. Young people want cell phones more than they want Grandfather's shepherd's vest or Grandmother's linen robe. Those countries aren't yet part of the EU so they are Very Affordable; if anyone is interested, let me know.

As to my favorite destination? The next trip, of course <g>.