Celtic...aw shucks...you're the charmer here.

Gimster it must be disturbing to see your grandchild's personality change. Doesn't it make you wonder if the school structure is wrong. Medicating a child, if he doesn't fit in the system, can't be the answer. I'm with you on this!

Of course parents want their children to go on to college. I had the same attitude, but through the German school system, I learned that college is not necessarily the only way to happiness.

In Germany the children are divided from the fifth grade up as to who will go to college and who won't. I was in absolute panic, because both my sons were late bloomers, and neither made it to the college group. Instead they went on to "middle" school. It's sort of like a business school. The third group of children go to trade school. There they have minimum three year apprenticeship programs, including teaching the students how to start their own businesses. Many of these so-called "blue collar" workers earn more than doctors.

So if a child is overly active, they tend to put him into a sports program or have him work more with his hands. There are fantastic career possibilities here without college, (other than medical, law or engineering careers). Who knows if our son would have had the same opportunity in America? But that's another topic.

Children with special needs are needed in our society. Instead of investing money in drugs, these valuable people should earn higher salaries to enable them to live quality lives, just like college grads.

Do I sound like I'm candidating for President? Ha ha …sorry, didn't mean to go off like that.