Mustang,
I have a disfunctional family as well. They ain't gonna change so you need to find a new family. By that I mean we don't get to pick our family but we do get to pick our friends who can become our new family.

Get out there and find some friends who will treat you the way you deserve. You are a wonderful person and deserve to be loved.

Once you've found a good friend you can rely on to trade assistance with such as walking your doggie you'll be a much happier person.

Don't give your mom a key. That's just one more way she's in control and she doesn't deserve it and don't take her shopping with you anymore.

Listen to Diane, she knows.

Oh, and in my humble opinion, you don't owe her anything. Let the other sibs who she cares more about take care of her @$$ when she gets old and needs attention.

Did I say that? Well, I am serious. Where do these parents get off thinking their kids owe them when they were never there for them when they needed it?

I certainly wouldn't expect my kids to take care of me if I didn't take care of them.

::Laurel gets down from her soapbox and walks quietly away::

Laurel