Dianne, I'm not getting anything out of the relationship. She called me yesterday to remind me that the operation is Wednesday, however last week she said it was March 1st which is Thursday. So I called to confirm today and blah, blah, blah, she is right and I'm wrong. In the past we've discussed the President and she says the opposite of my opinion. Yet, whether she calls me tomorrow or not (after the surgery) I will visit my step-dad at the hospital. Also, tonight she reminded me that the key does not work on my house and wants a new one, I said no and reminded her of the alternate entrance. It appears she wanted to come over today to 'help' me by walking the dog, yet I don't have class Tuesdays, this semester my late class is Thursdays! I constantly remind her, and she seems to get out of the commitment, much like my ex-husband.

I've wondered if this is what keeps me from wanting relatinships w/ others? With my mother, I know what to expect, with others I don't and yet expect the same treatment of my family and ex-husband.

After the operation, I'm back to no contact unless it involves my nieces. I want time with them and unfortunately when they visit here they stay with mom and I've to make arrangements with her. And well, thats all I can do.