Remember when I recently ended up in the hospital with off the chart heart rythms, diabetes way high? Well the trigger to all of it was the fact that I had been constipated terribly for "2 weeks." I was taking stool softners, enemas and even pain pills. Once in the emergency room they gave me a shot that managed to finally break the chain so to speak and I filled two bed pans plus another trip to the bathroom once they let me get up. I use to complain because I suffered from colitis most of my adult life but never knew, although inconvenient it was actually a blessing. I know now!!!! I now take one Aloe Vera capsule each morning and another with dinner plus a Fenugreek tablet. These two are inexpensive and keep you normal plus keep thye colon area free from toxins. Betty Boop told me about them and I researched for myself and found they are a miracle for folks that have any kind of bowel problems. I will never be without them....Not a gentile topic but one every human being has to deal with and I for one am happy someone started it.... [Razz] By the way so you know. The longer your stool remains inside of you the more toxic waste that bleeds through the rectal walls into your bloodstream and yes it can cause all sorts of problems and straining can and has caused heart attacks. My father died in the bathroom on the toilet, constipated. His wife found nim there....