I am loving this thread! I also noticed that there wasn't a forum for rating skin care or for make-up tips.

Myself, I have always used a good skincare line. Mary Kay, Clinique, etc. Now I'm a "Philosophy Girl," mainly, but use L'Occitane Shea Butter products, too. It depends upon whether my skin feels dry. I highly recommend L'Occitane's Hand Cream. Excellent.

I buy most of my stuff from Sephoria, but do order from QVC, especially when L'Occitane or Philosophy has a special.

Also, some of the Philosophy products are available in economy sizes on QVC. If you don't like to shop on the air, just go on their web site. Nordstroms also sells Philosophy. Prices are the same at Sephoria and Nordstrom and on QVC, unless there is a special, as I mentioned before.

For eyes: Philosophy's eye creams in the tubes -- I use all three.

As you can tell, I'm more interested in the best "canvas" I can have at age 58. Make-up -- liquid or minerals -- seems to accentuate my laugh lines, frown lines. (Okay, it gets into my little lines and makes them look like wrinkles!) : )

So, I avoid all powders, except I do use a color of
powder eyeshadow I get from Sephoria.

I never leave the house without my Philosophy moisturizers, eyeliner (easy on this) but I'm blond and look like I'm fading away without it; mascara (use Dior - pay for it but it really is nice and worth it); I do my eyebrows - good for lifting the eyes as we age.

Basically, I do my eyes and use a bit of blush and use the same blush on my lips followed by lip gloss. I want an almost natural look.

Thanks so much for the warm up the mascara tip and all of the other great tips offered on this thread!

This is a fun thread!

Emily in Maryland