My name is so Italian, I had no chance! My parents used names on my and connected them together. I am very Italian, with one quarter of French in me. My name means "noble traveler," and my middle name means things like "Holy," and religious meanings. My parents were very old country so they named their children accordingly. There was a "Gina Renee," and and "Elsa Nadine," and a "Victor Ugo." I was the middle child as my sister died when she was very young, and she was older than me. I was the perfect middle child and displayed all the traits. I think I still do. I was almost named "Etra," and then "Nadia." I was saved, ( I guess,) from those names by an older woman whom my father met right before I was born who so impressed him with her life, (she was very elderly,) that he and my mother wanted her name to carry on. It was spelled by my mother though, and is usually spelled "AnneLise." My spelling is, again, over-the-top Italian.

No chance of "passing," here. Then again, I look French/Italian and everyone who meets me guesses that is what I am...

Great thread!
dancer

"Question your privilege"