This is nothing short of divine intervention. Hubby wasn't supposed to come to my brother's place until mid-afternoon, but changed his mind when I enticed him over with his favourite eggy-thing for lunch. After lunch, I was restless (staring at the same four walls day-in-and-day-out) and in desperate need of a change of scenery. So we drove to the mall. A mall with many, many entrances and hundreds of parking spaces. We parked, picked an entrance slightly farther away in order to get in a little walk in the fresh air. When we got into the mall, I started taking my gloves off and unzipping my coat (i.e., distracted). But I looked up just in time to see a woman passing us on her way out of the mall. It was my old doctor from Nova Scotia - for anyone who has read my book, it was "Dr. C", the one who was my incredibly caring doctor for almost 17 years, and the one who worked hard and long to literally save my life the night of my overdose. One of my all-time favourite people, and someone I hadn't seen in over 10 years, but someone I had hoped (but never expected) to someday see again. This was the very last place on earth I expected to run into her!!! (She still lives in Nova Scotia.)

Anyway, she was almost to the door when I called out her name. We had the most amazing reunion/chat. I felt like dancing with the sheer delight of seeing her again, and couldn't believe the many "co-incidences" that conspired to bring us face-to-face today! I rarely ever go anywhere these days, and of all the places to choose to go, to have chosen that particular mall on a Saturday afternoon is almost unthinkable for me! And then to choose the same entrance out of dozens of possibilities...well, the timing possibilities just boggle my mind. It was a delightfully unexpected gift from God on a day that needed brightening!!!

(Maya Angelou)