I skimmed thru this book today, but just couldn't get into really reading it. I tried bioidentical HRT after my hyst and couldn't take it -- it made me feel horrible. Some of us actually do better on synthetic HRT and I'm one of them. When I read that she was on birth control pills for 22 years, that kind of turned me off. I mean.......I don't know about anyone else.....but 22 years??!!?? The book includes interviews with a couple of women who are "success stories" but it seemed that they were miserable until they met Suzanne Somers and there's a lot of self-promotion in this book. I'm sure there are lots of women this book has helped, but I'm not one of them. I agree with some of the things she has to say (about eating right and exercising and doing what you can to stay healthy and strong) but I think it's all about finding what works for you. I haven't read any of her other books, and probably wouldn't have looked at this one twice if a friend hadn't loaned it to me. Don't plan on wasting my time with any of the other books she has out. The last chapter of this book was all about how to dress, wear your hair,makeup, etc., to look younger.....and I was totally turned off by her promoting a facial product that she just happens to sell.
I did lots of research about hormone replacement therapy back when I was involved with Hystersisters.......and might have gotten into this book more if I was still trying to find my own balance and answers......but I've been doing well for years now. If I were still struggling I'd probably have found this book more informative. Maybe it's a matter of it coming along at the right time in your life, but right now it wasn't for me.