I have attended a grand alumnae homecoming only once since I left school but manage to keep in touch with many of the girls. A few I see more often than the others and in that way, we have a reunion of some sort. Some of the girls, although very rarely visited, still bear friendships and familiarity from when we were in school. Technology has made it easier to keep track of everyone and I am still in regular correspondence with my former teachers. Most of the nuns are in their mid-80's now. Some are frail and ailing but there are a few who are still sprightly and quite abreast with technology with e-mails to everyone on a regular basis with a round robin letter.

There is no great distinction between the girls of my old schools in terms of "Class of...". Some classes at that time only had 7 to 12 girls on the average. So friendships were across the board. We refer to each other as schoolmates rather than classmates as, apart from day to day lessons, we have shared experiences which comprise a bigger bulk of our school life. When we get together and reminisce about school, most often, the talk centers on teachers. Many continued to be sought as mentors long after the girls left school.