Very quick update as I'm on my way out the door. Gary has been having continuous seizures, and has been unresponsive for days now. He was able to focus his eyes on us throughout the birthday weekend, but appears to have sunk deeper.

I've been asked to come in today to speak with his two main doctors. Very scary. Having hung around the ICU all these weeks, I know by now that the word "consultation" brings fear and dread into one's heart. I so believe that a miracle is still possible, but by all outward appearances, we're running out of time - and body - to work with! But I fervently believe that nothing is impossible for God, so have a difficult time giving up all hope. I just can't bring myself to believe it could really be over.

Still...I do fear that it may be another brutal scary excruciating day ahead...but I know without a doubt that I don't go there alone. Oh do you know how much it means to me that you all go in there with me today? I can feel your prayers and care, and so I know that the power and strength that I need today WILL come and carry me through.

(Maya Angelou)