For me, writing was something that I had to do. I used to say that even if no one else ever read the book...it did me so much good to write it that it was worth every minute of it.

I still write a lot of stuff that I never do anything with, nor do I intend to...but the writing does me good. I love the way I put words together and the images that I create, even if they are just for me.

So that's one way of looking at it. It's not a waste of time if it's what you want to do. It's sort of like gardening...you spend a tremendous amount of time and effort and it all dies in the winter...but was it time wasted? Hardly, think of all the bouquets you enjoyed along the way!

I can't speak to laying out chapters and that kind of thing because Bertha evolved as I learned and thought about various life lessons...then we figured out how to place them in the book.

So, for me the questions to you would be..."Do you love to write? Is it your passion?" If you answer "Yes" then start writing. Learn as much from all of us as you can...but mostly follow your heart, at least for the first draft...then edit like a mad woman!