A young 34-year old friend of mine was shot TWICE in the face around 2 Wednesday morning by an ex-boyfriend. She stopped dating him about six months ago and had begun dating another young man. The jilted boyfriend lived in another state and had never been to her home. She lives in my hometown and works with my sister at the dentist office. A beautiful young woman, inside and out.

The ex-boyfriend called her two days ago and said another girlfriend had stopped seeing him and if Heather wouldn't see him, he was going to kill himself. She begged him to get help. He refused. He asked her where she lived, (she was living in a new place) and she refused to tell him. He got on MAPQUEST and found her home, went in and shot her once in the face...when she ran out into the parking lot, he followed and shot her again.

She had been on a cell phone to a girlfriend right before he arrived and saw him coming. She hide in her closet and whispered to the friend that she thought he meant to harm her. He broke into the apartment, and started searching for her, and she ran out of th closet. That's when he shot her the first time. Then again in the parking lot. When the cell lost the connection, the friend called her brother who was nearby and told him to get over there. He did and the police did as well. The gunman was crouching behind a car and when he saw them, he ran back into the apartment and killed himself.

Heather is fighting for her life and it is touch and go. While a machine is breathing for her now, there is hope. The doctors believe that there is NO brain damage and that she may even be able to see (one of the bullets went into her eye). However she is facing multiple surgeries, 3 or 4 at least. One shot when thru the bone between the eyes and the other one went through her neck and came out through her jaw, shattering it.

My sister told me that the doctors said they would have to literally disassemble her face and rebuild it.

I need your prayers for Heather. Any and all of them. She did not deserve this! You will not meet a kinder, more loving person.

Please join me in praying for Heather to recover. I know God is weeping tonight. I know I am too.