Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive. It has been a horrid month. I spent quite a bit of it in bed (alone, drat it!) [Embarrassed]
Lupus is unforgiving when it comes to colds, infections and anything that taxes your immune system. It all started with a cold and then another stupid infection under my toenail. With no circulation to my feet and no real immune system to fight off infection, I cannot afford to get sick. So there I was, sick as a dog and barely able to walk. I felt myself getting weaker by the day and knew it was bad. [Confused] I went to see the podiatrist and he decided we had played around enough. He did a minor surgery and removed my toenail permanently, root and all. It will never grow back, never be ingrown again. I just wont have a toenail on my large toe. Then, though it may be a small procedure to some people, I had to recover from it. Lupus is a pain in the a--. I started feeling human again in this last week. My doctors changed my pain meds and I can hold food down. Thank goodness. I needed my spirits to go back up again.
Dana does everything possible to keep my mood up. She brought me a whole bunch of books to read and I crocheted a lot while I was laid up. [Big Grin] Now, I want out of the house and it has rained for 3 straight days.... go figure.
--- [Roll Eyes]
ahhh isn't life a blast.
kay oleladee