Gera, good for you for not looking at the broom!

About a year ago I was in to have a parotid tumor removed from the side of my face. The incinsion begins at the front, top of my ear and goes down, around, up and out into my scalp(a few inches all together).

Anyway,the night nurse comes in and asks what I am there for. I thought that was odd ( shouldn't she have read my chart?). Anyway, I was a little groggy from the anesthesia so my husband replied that I had a parotid tumor removed.

Next, she proceeds to lift the covers from around my neck and look down at my chest, then lifted the covers higher to see the abdonimal area. I'm thinking, what the heck is she doing? My husband looked confused and so did she. [Eek!]

Hubby then proceeded to tell her that the surgery was on my face. [Roll Eyes]

She then covered me back up and looked at the incision which was staring her in the face the whole time! [Big Grin]

OOPS, where is that parotid gland again?

The night wore on and got worse as she proceeded to show her ignorance with every trip in the room. I was so grateful my husband decided to spend the night.

She complained the night away about not enough help, too many patients, checking in my room mate in the middle of the night, blah, blah, blah.

The saving grace came with the morning nurse who was the kindest person you would ever want to meet! [Big Grin]