Here's a story for ya...I'd purchased a hunter green carpet for my back den...it was beautiful. To bright up the room I decided to paint over the dark beadboard ceiling with white paint...I'd covered all of the floor with drop cloths except for one area which was out of the way from where I was painting...I put the gallon of paint on a table which wouldn't you know...I bumped and the gallon of paint went flying...AND where did most of the paint land???? Right to the spot I hadn't covered...I freaked out...after I came to that is. When I saw the white paint on my new hunter green carpet I lost consciousness. (Just kidding) Thank goodness the paint wasn't oil based. Several hundred towels later and a ton of buckets and water I managed to soak up 99.9 percent of the paint. It took me a long time but I did it. Actually, this tea stain is being more difficult. Go figure.