The man I married who became the father of my three children had a way about him that I thought made him a bit vulnerable. Something that was kind of endearing to a Marine. We lasted not quite 10 years, but we created three beautiful children.

The man I'm married to now, I met in my thirties. He was in his twenties. He was definitely different. Different than any man I ever dated. Very assured. Had a definite opinion. Wasn't afraid to speak up, for himself or for anyone else. He rode a sportsbike motorcycle. Even talked me into getting one of my own. He made me a better person. He drew me out and helped me get over a lot of my insecurities and self esteem issues. He has a very strong personality, but not over powering. He didn't crowd me. I fell in love with him before he fell in love with me, (I think) but when he did fall in love, I knew it. He totally committed to our relationship and to me. He's been through a lot with me. Several scary surgeries where cancer was a possibility. My ex husband. My kids. My health. Through it all, he's loved me and cared for me and been there for me. At the end of the month we'll have been married 9 years. I'm looking forward to the rest of my life with him.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog