Maybe 10 years ago, the city I live in was giving away free no-flush (my term) toilets in exchange for our old working ones. This program was repeated 5 years later.

The 2nd time, I told my husband not to trade in our good one because I hate the new toilets. The idiot did it anyhow. I have since told him if he wants to trade in the 3rd (and last original) toilet, it will be over my dead body.

I hate these toilets. They literally don't flush when they most need to. Since plunging really hurts my arthritis, I just keep flushing every 15 minutes or so, sometimes up to 26!!! times. And this is supposed to save water??

6 months ago, one of the no-flush toilets started leaking and flooded through the floor down to the kitchen ceiling where the particle board came out. We eventually figured out that the wax ring dried out so the seal was no longer good. So we fixed that, which is not that easy to do, and then the snaky water pipe broke. This has been sitting SINCE THEN until today when we finally replaced the part. That's 6 months, OK? And when we turned the water back on, there was water starting to flood again because the tank somehow got cracked. So now we need a new toilet tank. Anyone want to take bets which century this will happen?

In the mean time, the downstairs no-flush ...didn't flush... and El Idiot didn't wait for the water levels to recede before he flushed again, so it overflowed. As in, flooded. And since I refuse to plunge it, he did, and something else broke which meant more flooding.

We're now down to one working toilet in 3 bathrooms. Even El Slotho understands the seriousness of this situation.

I HATE NO-FLUSH TOILETS!!

I just needed to vent.