Foundhervoice, my x and I had a dissalutionment(sp?) with a good and decent attorney so I didn't have those problems.

I did experience my x trying to put the blame on me with his family, but it didn't work because his brother worked at the same airline and knew that he was having an affair with a coo-worker. He tried to do the same with our son. If you look closely at the family dynamice, you will find some dysfunction that would explain why they are all denying reality. Deep down they KNOW - and I bet they are embarrassed, humiliated and hurt by your x's actions.

I remember when I divorced my x, my own mother would say thing's like, "oh, poor Larry" and didn't want me to divorce him. She would've rather I be with a cheating husband than get a divorce. That's how some older people think, especially men. Maybe his father cheated on his mother at some point and is sympathetic.

As for keeping your sanity, just take it one day at a time and know that you will come out on the other side stronger, wiser and will be happy again. I do find it difficult to trust men and seem to attract the sociopaths. You just have to take the time to know a person before you get yourself all worked up over them. That's the healthy way to develop new relationships, but the bad ones will try to make you think there's something wrong with you if you don't hop in the sack right away. They want to do the wild thing BEFORE you find out how bad they are. Run from those.

Daisygirl

[ April 15, 2006, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]